Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day

What was supposed to be a relaxing day for Marshall started out with a 3:30 am wake-up call from Tyler!:(
Let me start at the beginning. Saturday was one of the most unproductive days ever. We had errands to run but to make A VERY LONG story short, even though we went to each of the places that we needed to go, none of the things that we needed to have accomplished actually got accomplished.
The highlight of the day was that we used a new babysitter for the first time. Catherine, a girl that I had my first year teaching here in Tucson, came over to babysit. She had been over earlier in the week and Tyler took an instant liking to her. She has two younger brothers so she isn't afraid to get down and wrestle, throw the ball, or do any of the other rough and tumble things that Tyler loves so much. She also is just so sweet and loved playing with Emma. She had them outside and had Emma being the baseball coach while she pitched to Tyler---it was too cute!)
I am not sure if Tyler had a nightmare or what woke him but he came in to our room, as I said earlier, at 3:30am. He crawled in to our bed but was very restless and was making little crying sounds. He crawled out at 4 am and went and turned on the TV in his playroom. I got up and told him he had to come back to bed that it was WAY to early to be up. He fussed and cried and carried on so he and Marshall ended up taking a walk outside around the neighborhood shortly after 4:30.
When they got back I got up with the kids while he went back to bed for 45 minutes or so. We went out to breakfast and then planned to come home and nap. Emma took a great 2 hour nap, I fell asleep for about 45 min., and Marshall figured he would lay with Tyler and they would nap together. Marshall slept in between Tyler hitting him on the head, poking him, and playing with his toys---Tyler didn't sleep a wink.
We all got up and headed over to our friend's Mike and Cindy's house. We spent the day in the pool and just had a great time hanging out with our friends. The best part was that when it was time to go we only had a ten minute drive rather than the hour and a half back to Chandler----it is great to be back in Tucson!

No comments: