Friday, December 26, 2008

Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, Tyler had school and he didn't want to miss it even if it meant not spending the day with Nana and Aunt Katie.  He was very excited because they had a birthday party for Jesus and a gift exchange.  He was thrilled with all the Spider man "stuff" that he got in the exchange.
While he was at school us girls went to do some last minute shopping.  We didn't go too many places so it really wasn't that awful to be out and about with the masses.  That evening we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant here in Tucson, El Mezon del Cobre.  The kids did really well and we all had a delicious dinner.
Wednesday we got up and went to the YMCA to burn off some of those calories from the night before.  After we were done we got a few groceries for Christmas dinner and then headed home. Mom and Carl went to spend the afternoon at his grand daughter's house at the military base on the other side of town.  Katie and Randy went to finish their shopping while the kids napped and I got a chance to make sure I had everything ready for the next day.  
After dinner that night we decorated some cookies for Santa and got out a few carrots for his reindeer.


Before we got ready for bed we let the kids open one gift each.  I decided last year that I would get them new pj's every year so they would look extra cute in the Christmas morning pictures. Last year Tyler was thrilled with his gift.  This year I think he was expecting something a bit more exciting than pajamas.  Click here to see his reaction...it is priceless!  

Marshall and I told each other no gifts this year but my sweet husband gave me a pretty wonderful gift that night...a new Cannon Rebel camera.  I was shocked.  Now I just need to take some photography classes so I can get really good at it and maybe I can start a little side business!=)

After baths, reading The Night Before Christmas,  and getting our kids nestled all snug in their beds, six very busy elves went to work putting together Santa's gifts.  We got everything done and were in bed by a decent hour.  

2 comments:

Val said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! I have a Cannon PowerShot and love it! Can't wait to see all your pictures!

shelley said...

That video was priceless, how funny. Colton was not thrilled with his pj's or clothes either