Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14th

We had our first test of being truly potty trained. We drove over to see Marie this week and Tyler did not have a single accident!:) At one point we did pull over and have to let him pee in the desert but at least it wasn't in his pants!
We had a nice time visiting with everyone in CA. Marie's new house is great. She has an extra room now so Marshall and I actually got our own room----let me rephrase that---we got our own room until Tyler got up in the middle of the night and climbed in the full size bed with us and the wiener dog! Thankfully Emma can't get out of her pack-n-play yet---it will be interesting when all of us are squeezed in there together.
Wednesday night we went over to my cousin Corinne and her husband, Dave's house. They have a beautiful seventeen month old named Mason. We decided since Marie was having a dinner party that night that we would bath the kids there so that when we got home we would just have to put them in bed. I think it was the cutest thing in the whole world seeing all three of the kids in the tub together. It went great until Emma drank a cup of bath water and was choking half to death but other than that it went perfectly.
The trip was wonderful but the same trip that used to take 5 or 6 hours now takes about 7 hours. Looking back the kids really did pretty well but when you are in the middle of it all you can think of is getting to your destination and having a large cocktail!
I think Emma said dog this week. She was pointing at Winnie and said what sounded like "daa". At least it is a start. She also has decided that she no longer wants baby food. She only wants what Tyler is eating. She is not picky and pretty much eats whatever you put in front of her.
Tonight Tyler cracked me up. He asked me for a piece of candy and when I said no he said, "Pleeeeeeeease." I repeated no and then he said, "Oh, come on! Where did that one come from?!:)
Marshall's mom and dad and his three nieces are coming this weekend. I am sure the girls will keep Tyler quite busy. I will send some pictures again soon.

No comments: