Friday, July 17, 2009

In need of a chuckle?

Today I took the kids bowling for the very first time and of course I forgot my camera.  I was so bummed because I gotta tell you, it was just too cute.
We went with our friends Elva and Nicholas.  Tyler is obsessed with 8yr. old Nicholas...he thinks he is the COOLEST kid in the whole world!  Right now I have to agree, he was so patient and sweet with both Tyler and Emma.  He really helped make the first bowling experience a great one.  
Ok..I know you want me to get to the funny part so I want you to try to picture the following scene.
We had just gotten our cool shoes on when Emma decided to run toward the bowling alley.  I saw what was about to happen so my "save your baby instinct" took over!  Poor Doodle bug slipped and was about to fall down as her very ungraceful mom was heading in for the save. Well friends.....I didn't the make the save.  No, not only did poor little Miss Emma land on her butt but big momma here also had feet flying up and landed HARD on my ass!  Thankfully no real damage was done but I will be taking 800 milligrams of Ibuprofen for the next few days!
(This picture was taken with my cell phone)  We had so much fun that we will be doing it again soon so I will post better pictures next time)

4 comments:

Val said...

That is too funny - that would totally happen to me and my girls too. Unfortuantly at the very least Maelynn got my "accident" gene. We are waiting to see with Beclynn! :)

Corinne @ The Splendid Stuff said...

Now. That is funny.

Lisa Petrarca said...

LOL...thanks for making me feel better! Don't ya just hate when stuff like that happens?

Thanks for stopping by my Blog! Your family is ADORABLE.

Zoleigh said...

that looks like fun! you are too sweet, I would have let zoe or kayleigh figure it out for themselves (bceause I probably would have told them to stay put, but instead they ran off!) hahaha!