Saturday, February 21, 2009

Write it down...

You know how whenever you tell a funny story about your kids people always say, "You should write that one down."  Well....I guess in this day and age of blogging not only am I writing these funny things down but I am also sharing them with all the people I know and love.
Here are a few of Tyler's funny moments from the past week or so.

My child is the world's worst back seat driver.  He tells me when the light is red, when I should or should not go, when he thinks I am driving too fast or slow, and makes a remark on just about every other aspect of my driving.  The other day we were sitting at a light waiting to make a right hand turn when he said, "Mom you need to wait until the cars stop coming before you go."  I told him that I was doing that.  He then told me that as soon as the light changed that the traffic going the other direction would be able to go.  I said, "Yes Tyler you are right.....Gosh you sure know a lot about traffic (said with a hint of sarcasm).  He then told me, "Yes mom I do know a lot because I am an expert about traffic!=)

Tyler actually said the worlds...."You were right mom and I was wrong" without being prompted the other day!!!!  I was so shocked I went right in to his room and recorded it on his calender since it is probably going to be the only time those words are uttered!  He loves the show Imagination Movers on the Disney channel.  We have downloaded their CD and he likes to sing all of their songs.  There is one song called, On the Farm and in it they say, "The roosters, the roosters, the roosters are tired".  Well, every time we would sing it Tyler would say, "No mom you are doing it wrong they are saying, "the rooster are untired."  I would laugh and try to explain it to him but he just would not hear it...he was right and I was wrong.  The other morning as I was getting dressed he came back in to my room and said, "Mom The Movers song was just on and you were right and I was wrong...the roosters are tired!"=)

Tyler has picked up some words at school that we don't use here at home so I am finding myself telling him, "We don't say...." quite often.  That has backfired on me and now he is telling me that same thing at least once a  day.  Take for example...
I got an after market manual for my camera called "The Idiots Guide to the Cannon Rebel". When I was telling a friend about it on the phone he started yelling, "Mom, we don't say Idiot"

Tyler was telling my dad about his bike and how the handle bar came off and how his dad was going to fix it.  My dad started telling him about when he was little how he went over the handle bars on his bike and landed on his butt.  Tyler promptly told him, "we don't say butt, that is a potty word.

He really is an entertaining kid.  Between he and Emma the only silence I have during my day is the hour of overlapping nap.....and I have to tell you, that silence is golden!!!!!

4 comments:

Val said...

Too cute - we also have a back seat driver - what they will be cop partners some day!! :) Maelynn keeps saying some funny stuff too - I should really start writing them down to - what a great idea. She also got in trouble yesterday for saying crap about 12 in a row. I told Chris and he said - I'm not the only one that uses that word - so we really have to watch ourselves now!!

shelley said...

Those are funny. Lauren is always telling to keep both hands on the wheel and the other day she informed me I didn't stop at that stop sign! I told her it was more like a yielding stop sign!!

Aunt Marie said...

Sarah, Don't worry...Tyler tells me that "my Mom is a much better driver Aunt Marie!" all the time. But I think it is pretty entertaining to get directions (correct ones at that) from a 3yo.

Debbie said...

I wish I still lived by you guys! Tyler is too funny! I wish I had that hour of silence... miss you!