Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Marie came to stay with us for this week so we had lots of fun with her.  Tyler is quite concerned about the fires in CA so he has been trying to convince her to move here to Tucson where it is safe...keep your fingers crossed that his big blue eyes will be able to convince her!=)
On Monday we all went went for a walk, it was pretty cool in the morning so I bundled the kids. They got quite a kick out of having to wear gloves.

My friend, Marie, had a hair appointment on Monday so we watched Evan for a few hours.  I guess since I already have Tyler married off I might as well do so with Emma.  Here are she and Evan having a quick smooch!=)

Tuesday we went to the Y in the morning and then dropped Tyler off at school.  Marie and I went home and showered and she, Emma, and I went to the grocery store.  After we had lunch and got Emma down for her nap Marie stayed here while I went to Target to get some Christmas shopping finished up.  She even helped me wrap everything I had bought.  Have I told you that I wish she lived here?!!  That evening Marie and Tyler did some baking, he enjoyed being her big helper=).  

Wednesday we again went to the Y, but when we were finished instead of going home we went to stand in line at Costco for pies and rolls.  You might think that sounds crazy, but there is only one Costco on this side of town and when they run out you are pretty much out of luck. When I called the night before to find out what time they opened I was told that there would be at least five hundred people through the doors the first hour so I should get there early.  The kids were very patient and we scored enough rolls for our Thanksgiving dinner.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with our friends the Valenzuelas.  They have a big family and always include in-laws and strays like us.  There were about 48 people at dinner.  The kids did awesome.  Tyler got a bit revved up toward the end of the night but I think drinking soda and eating a plate of cool whip had something to do with that!=)
This was the first year that he sat at the kid's table and didn't require me being right there next to him.  He loves playing with all the big boys and they are so good to him.
Emma was also fascinated with all the pretty "big girls".  
I have so much to be thankful for.....two beautiful healthy children, a kind, caring, funny man who is not only my husband but also my best friend, a wonderful family, and supportive friends. I am thankful to God for such a good life.  I hope that each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I love you all and am so glad that you are in my life.

PS-I got my picture CD but I decided not to post any until after I send out my Christmas cards!  The pictures came out great.  I am so pleased with them.  Here is a tiny sneak peak!=)

1 comment:

shelley said...

I worked with your mom last night. We had a good time checking out your blog! I can't wait to see all the new pictures!!