Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OUCH!

If anyone saw my child's feet today I would be brought up on child abuse charges!  Yesterday morning as I was dressing Emma she spotted a pair of pink sparkly ballet flats that someone had given us.  She started saying "shoes, shoes" and pointing to them, so in order to prevent a meltdown I put them on her.  I tryed to take them off before we went to the YMCA but she started bawling so I figured, what the heck, and let her wear them.  When we got home one fell off and she brought it to me to put it back on her....I did and as she walked away she was saying "ouch, ouch, ouch".  I took the shoes off and just let her have a meltdown but I think she would have worn them even though they were hurting her!  Well....you should see little Miss Shoe Diva's feet today!  She has a blister on the side of one of them, the skin on the back of her heel is spilt on both feet, and she has band-aids all over the place!=0  I guess she is willing to suffer the pain in order to wear pretty shoes.  Carrie Bradshaw would be proud.

After we dropped Tyler off at school today we ran a few errands and then headed home to have some mom and Emma time.  I broke out the markers and we had fun making a mess and a pretty cool scribble picture.  When we finished I brought out paper and stickers for her to play with.  I had taken her shirt off because I figured the markers would be all over it--which I was right because we had to go scrub off  her hands, arms, face, and belly before we started with the stickers.  She didn't quite get the idea of putting the stickers on the paper but she sure had fun! 


1 comment:

Val said...

That is too funny about the shoes - Maelynn has done the very same thing - she had a bloody blister on the back of her heel - never said a word about it. But she barely gets a scrape on her knee and will cry forever.