Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Christmas is my all time favorite holiday but now that I have kids I have to tell you, Halloween is a very close second!  Last year was just amazing seeing it for the first time through a child's eyes so I was really looking forward to seeing both kid's reactions this year.  We have kept ourselves very busy with all kind of fall projects.  Here are the pirate hats that we made one afternoon.
 

Tyler decided that he didn't want to carve pumpkins this year.  Instead he wanted to paint them.  We had already decorated his and Emma's pumpkins so I really thought that he would want to help carve Marshall's and mine but he was insistent that we paint.  I am happy to report that Sprouts sells pumpkin seeds in their dried seed area and they are fabulous-- so don't worry I got my pumpkin seed fix!
This is a quick video of the painting in progress.
I went to make a quick phone call and left Marshall out there to watch the kids...this is what happened!=)


Only in Arizona can you strip down the kids in late October and let them get cleaned up outside!!!
Today was a VERY busy day.  I put on the kid's costumes and we went to Tyler's school for the Halloween parade.  After the parade we went back to the classroom for a party.  Marshall took a few hours off from work and came with us so I was able to help out with one of the centers. Both Tyler and Emma had a great time.


I know she thinks she is ready to go to school but I am far from being ready to let this baby out of my site!=)

After lunch and naps we put the costumes back on and went over to my friend, Angela's house. She put together little treat bags for the kids that were perfect...yummy treats and a Matchbox for Tyler and a necklace and bracelet for Emma....they could not have been more pleased.
We went home where we met up with Marie, Rob, and Evan had pizza and headed out for trick-or-treating.  


Evan made it around the block but was ready to call it quits before my two were so we said our goodbyes and headed off for more fun.  Tyler did a great job of saying "trick-or-treat" and thank you to each person that answered the door.  He even told quite a few people, "Have a Happy Halloween!"  Emma totally got into it too...she was all about taking the candy out of the big bowls and putting it in her stash.
When we got home we let them hand out candy for a little while.  Tyler was hysterical, he was standing outside the door yelling, "Hey kids come to my house and I will give you candy!!!"
It was a wonderful day and such a fun night.  Like I said earlier, there is just nothing like seeing a holiday through the eyes of a child.
One look at this photo will tell you that Emma had about as much fun as a girl can take...she was worn out and ready for bed!



2 comments:

Aunt Marie said...

Sarah, that was a great blog! I felt like I was there. I love the picture of the "done in Emma" at the end. Love those kiddos. Love, m.e.

Nana said...

THANK-YOU!!!! I am so happy you keep this blog so updated. I feel that I get to be involved in a small part of their lives. I love and miss you all so much, but I get to see you every day here!
Love Nana