Saturday, May 17, 2008

Our Trip to Missouri

Well, I did it--I flew by myself with two kids!:) To be honest the trip there went VERY well. We left Phoenix around 1pm so I thought that both the kids would nap on the plane, but of course they had other ideas. We had the row to ourselves so each of us had our own seat. Tyler just kept saying, "I am so excited!" and Emma was happy as a clam to be looking at her books. She did fall asleep the last ten minutes so getting off the plane she was a little crabby. Tyler had a little trouble with his ears popping but he handled it well. We got to the airport at 6pm and then had to drive to Neosho. Aunt Katie and Nana got lots of hugs from Tyler---he was thrilled to see them. We ate at Katie's house so the kids were beyond tired by the time we headed off to mom's house. They both fell asleep so hard that we were able to unpack the car and set up the pack and play without them even stirring in their car seats!
Thursday we went and had lunch with Katie and Matt. We stopped in at the Alternative School where Katie teaches so that everyone could see in person the cute kids she is always bragging about!:) Tyler was VERY shy there. He told us that those big kids made him nervous. I got to see one of the kids that I had taught in third grade there. Not only was that kid a junior but my first group of third graders was graduating this week. So now not only do I feel old but I think it is official that I am old!
Friday we went down to Granny's house. Tyler LOVED it there. Great Uncle John was a real tropper and let Tyler play with his train table. This table is not a toy so Tyler was thrilled by the whole thing. We walked over to a park and Tyler got to enjoy a ride on Granny's walker and actually made her walk without it awhile as he pushed it and she followed. We all got together that evening to celebrate my mom's brother John's 50th b-day! Dinner was very late for the kids and I but they hung pretty well.

Saturday was a down day---the kids REALLY needed a break and needed to catch up on their sleep. Mom and I took them to a park in Carthage where of course they had a blast. Emma took two long naps and Tyler took a great afternoon one plus they were in bed by 7:30pm-which was hard to do there since it was still light out.
Sunday we headed back down to Neosho. We took the kids to Big Spring Park where they finally got to meet Matt's dog, Dawk. Emma, who is afraid of nothing, put her hand right in his mouth for a kiss. Tyler liked him but he was way more intrested in feeding the ducks that were there. We did discover that Emma has some dog allergies. Her poor little eyes were all swollen and watery after she pet the dog. She also got a nice bruise on her cheek when she fell going out to Katie's deck. After we were done at the park we took the kids back to Katie's to nap. She has a loft apartment so there really are only three rooms--the bathroom, bedroom, and living area. We did what we had to do and put Emma in her pack and play in the bathroom and Tyler slept in Katie's bed. They were REALLY tired because they both slept like rocks. After naps Katie and Matt took Tyler to play minature golf. I was a bit worried because Tyler likes to swing HARD with the golf club and his greatest joy is achieved when he hits a ball either into our pool or over the wall into the neighbor's yard. They said that he did pretty well though.

Neosho has a steady stream of trains going through all day so here they are taking a break from golf to watch the train pass.

Monday we went to DisneyLand--how you might ask? Well, it wasn't REALLY Disney Land, just the closest thing to it---Gabe Thomas's house! Gabe has the best toy room ever and Tyler sure had a great time there. Gabe is two years older than Tyler but he was such a great playmate. It breaks my heart that we don't live closer so that they could play together more often. I was so impressed with how well Gabe shared his toys and let Tyler touch EVERYTHING that he owned!:) He is a picture from our first visit to meet Gabe and then the next is the boys now.

I had a wonderful visit with Jana and Emma just enjoyed being able to strut her stuff around a new place.
Tuesday we got up and around early and went over to visit Brian and Dana Moritz. The kids did pretty well over there. I am sure poor Dana had to spend awhile after we left cleaning up after my two little hurricanes!:) That afternoon Katie came up and she and I got to spend some time alone and do some shopping---not so good on my ego to dress next to her since she is in the best shape of her life and her body is incredible!:) We did have a nice time though. Tyler had a miny meltdown when he woke up at Nana's house and I was gone so she sent me a text and told us to bring him a surprise to help make him feel better. Katie got a few water water guns so he was thrilled to spend time with her while I went to Neosho to pick Matt up for dinner. We had a wonderful dinner and the kids had lots of fun playing with Uncle Matt and Aunt Katie.

Wednesday we got up and around and we packed to head home. We went to Tulsa a little early so that we could see my friend, Anna and her cute boy Brice. We had a quick visit which went well but ended with a meltdown because Tyler wanted to stay there and play with all of Brice's cool toys. He pulled it together by the time we got to the airport and we had another VERY peaceful flight home. I had many compliments about the kid's behavior--nothing could make a mom on a plane feel better!:)
When we landed Marshall probably received one of the best greetings that he has ever had. Tyler ran in to his arms and Emma just put her arms up and babbled away at him. He had to carry both of the kids through the airport because neither wanted out of his arms.
It was a wonderful trip and it just went perfectly!

No comments: