Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We had a very nice day today. Marshall tried to let me sleep in but Tyler woke me up by saying, "Mom, get up it is 9 o'clock." It was actually 6:15 a.m. but that is 15 more minutes than I usually get!:) Marshall got me two of the cutest cards this year. The one from the kids was one that they could record a message---how sweet it was to hear Tyler's little voice saying, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy." Emma made some noise on it too---that is one that I will have to put safely away to save for years to come. The other card was from Marshall and it showed three pair of feet in a bed on the front--it said, "Lately, I feel something's come between us. I'm cool with that. Happy Mother's Day from the other side of the bed." This is perfect since Tyler has developed a habit of waking up at 5:30 in the morning the coming in to our room and crawling into our bed for thirty extra minutes of sleep.
We went to breakfast at 7:00 so it was nice to beat the brunch rush. The kids were actually both great. Tyler was thrilled by his Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes and Emma loved that they brought her cheerios and bananas. We spent the remainder of the day packing up most of the kitchen.
In case you didn't know we did find a house in Tucson to rent and we found someone to rent our house out here in Chandler. We figure we will try again to sell it next year and hopefully the market will be in better shape. I can't tell you how happy I am to be moving back to Tucson. I have such a strong support system of friends there and I have greatly missed being so involved with everything these last few years. My first group of fifth graders are going to be juniors so I even have a few girls I am going to look up to see if they are interested in babysitting!
The kids are both doing great. Emma is just growing up so fast! You should see her strut her stuff around the house. She waves her arms back and forth when she walks and sticks her belly out--she is just too funny. She has a few words. She shakes both of her hands and says, "done" when she is finished eating, she says ma ma, and da da, hi, dog, and duck. I think she has a few others but they aren't as clear. Marshall is growing quite concerned about her love (actually obsession) with the telephone. She loves to carry it around and she babbles like she is talking to someone on it. She throws quite a fit when you take it away--hopefully this isn't a foreshadow of her teenage years!:) She has totally discovered her voice and likes to yell just to yell---Tyler is no help because he yells back and then they compete to see who can yell louder!
Tyler has had a few funny comments over the past week or so. I know that kids learn to "read" environmental print as a precursor to actually reading and Tyler is starting to do that. The other day when we were driving we had this conversation..
Tyler: "Mom, that says Home Depot and that says Target."
Me: "Wow Tyler, you are a great reader!"
The next day we were driving and this happened...
Tyler: "Mom, that says Home Depot and that says Target."
Me: "Yes it does."
Tyler: "You know Mom, I sure am a good reader!:)"
The other afternoon we were sitting there and I said, "Oh Emma, you are such a cute kid." Tyler corrected me and said, "No Mom, she is a pretty girl."
He is also very aware of what people are doing and if they are doing something that we have corrected him for he is quite quick to point it out. For instance....the other day he saw two boys crossing the road and he told me that they were bad because they were crossing the street without holding hands. He also saw someone on a motorcycle not wearing their helmet and he said, "That man is not wearing a helmet he isn't very smart." He just cracks me up, but he can also be quite loud and embarrassing! We had our first instance where he saw an overweight person and he said quite loudly, "Mom that lady has a baby in her belly." I just quickly walked away and prayed she didn't hear him! I am sure that with Tyler there will be many more moments like this in our future.
Here are a few pics from this week.

See Keli......she LOVES wearing this!

Waiting for me to get ready to go out to the pool--Look how cute Emma's suit is--thanks to Debbie for that one!:)

Playing with the duck game Jana sent Tyler for his birthday.



No comments: