Friday, February 22, 2008

February 22nd

Sorry that it has been awhile since I have updated this. I actually did an update earlier in the week but I some how managed to delete it before I posted it.
Anyway, here are some funny children moments of the past week or so...
Tyler is now able to say his alphabet all the way through. The only mistake he makes in it is that he leaves out the N and says L M O P which ends up sounding like "ELMO P". Yesterday we were waiting in an office and I was bribing him to be good so I told him he could have an M&M if he said his ABC's for me when he finished all the girls at the reception desk clapped for ---he almost blushed from the attention.
On Valentine's Day we had gone to the store to get Marshall a card---which somehow I managed to leave the store without. I am thinking that Tyler either tossed it out of the cart since he rides in the basket or else we shoplifted it and then left it in the cart anyway! We did however managed to buy Marshall a small chocolate cake. I told Tyler that it was going to be a surprise for his Daddy and that we would have it after dinner that night. Well as soon as Marshall walked in the door Tyler ran up to him and couldn't wait to tell him that Mommy had bought him a "birthday cake". I guess in Tyler's eyes that is the only time a person gets to have cake-----do you think I am depriving my child of dessert?
Here is a picture of Emma checking out that special birthday cake that Tyler is eating.

It has been a challenging month with Tyler. He seems to be having more meltdowns than usual. From everyone that I have talked to this is normal and this too shall pass but let me tell you when you are in the middle of it it sure is tough! The emotional highs and lows of a toddler just amaze me. He can be fine one minute and then if he doesn't get to do something he wants he can be in an all out meltdown within seconds...and what truly blows my mind is how quickly it can pass if there is something else that captures his attention. The other day I wiped his nose (which apparently wasn't what he wanted) so he was screaming No Mommy, I wanted boogies on my face!" This went on for quite awhile until he noticed that I had put a piece of candy in my mouth. I swear to you the child went from all out hysterics to saying, "I want one of those please," in the nicest little voice you can imagine!
I was reading a book the other day and the character was remembering what a strong willed child her son had been. He was grown and gone at this point in the story and she said she would give anything in the world to have him slam the door or do any of the other crazy things he had done just as long as he would be there. I read this to Marshall and we were talking about how Tyler can drive us nuts but then he can turn around and be the sweetest child in the world. An example of a sweet moment was when he asked me if he could tell me a secret this week and then leaned in to my ear and whispered, "I love you so much". We both know how quickly time passes so whenever we are having a rough day I am doing my best to focus on all the sweet things he does and says rather than the meltdowns!:)
Little Miss Emma is doing just great. She is cruising all over the place. She can stand on her own for about 3-5 seconds before she realizes she isn't holding anything and then falls to her bottom. She is cutting her one year molars---yes I did say 1 year! Can you believe that she is going to be a year old at the end of next month? She is still my little petite girl. She is still wearing 6-9 month clothes. I have a few little winter 12mos outfits that I have been trying to put on her so that she at least has them on before it is too hot out. My friend Jana got her this little Nike outfit for Christmas----this is the age when writing on your ass looks cute!
She is getting very vocal. She babbles all the time. Her favorite thing to say is "da da da" which after she says it I always say, "No Emma, say ma ma ma"---and little Mr. helpful says, "No Mommy it is dad dad dad"! She also growls at us. We play a game where she growls and then we growl back at her--You can always hear Tyler yelling "R Matey" as we do this!:) The other morning Tyler went in her room when she woke up. He got up on her crib and said---happy happy happy Emma! I swear she looked right at him and yelled, "AHHHHHHH" I am guessing she didn't want to be happy at 6am---I understood completely!

No comments: