Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our Doodlebug is 5


Oh Emma....how is it even close to possible that you are five years old? I know that it was just yesterday that I was calling Marshall in CA in the middle of the night and telling him that he better get on a plane that you were going to come three weeks early. From that very special day and every day since you have been doing things on your own time and surprising us each and every day.
You are such a beautiful, sweet, loving, smart, strong willed, talented, creative little girl. I told you tonight as I put you to bed and I mean it with all my heart...I love you more and more each day. There are times that I look at you and you just take my breath away. I am so honored to be your mommy. I hope with all my heart that I am raising you to be all that you can be. I know that you are going to have so many adventures in life and I can't wait to be there to support you.
We celebrated Miss Emma's 5th birthday with a very "fancy" tea party.
(These are all the paper products Little White Rabbit Design created for us)
We had 18 silly, giggly, dressed up little girls come over for tea and cupcakes. We played silly games like stack the sugar cubes and pin the earring on Emma. I had two little crafts for them to make (a "welcome spring" sign and a little tea cup). The girls served each other tea and snacked on sandwiches and fruit then headed to Emma's room to play dress up. The parents were even treated to a fashion parade!
It was a lovely party and I think everyone enjoyed themselves!

Here is her birthday interview.
Happy Happy Birthday Emma. You are and always will be our sunshine. You sure do make us happy!!!

No comments: